Monday, February 11, 2013

Possessions


 The older I become, the more various people I meet in my life, the more I discover that there isn't universal lifestyle suitable for everyone. Not everyone can be a Buddhist monk, as well as not everyone will be happy to be a successful lawyer. Sometimes we struggle to climb a carrier ladder  when all we actually need is peace of mind.

 They say that our society is very greedy and materialistic, that all that matters is money and buying things, that we're destroying our planet by the compulsive consumption. Being attached to material things will never bring you full happiness and joy in life, I agree. But come on, how many people are actually so fixed on buying things? I'm more than sure that they're the minority of humankind. And besides, does having things that you like and enjoy having and using is really such a crime and shameful thing? Does it make us maniacs? Would you call a maniac a kid that has its own treasures? Favorite toy, river stones, pieces of colored glass, feather, book, etc. Or does it really make a maniac from a guy that pays attention to his mobile or laptop, trying to choose the best one and then keep it as effective as possible? Is a woman who has favorite clothes or jewelery a maniac? I don't think so, even if they're all somehow attached to their possessions.I guess I still have some faith in humanity and in common sense.

 "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because people are being used and things are being loved."

No comments:

Post a Comment