Saturday, February 23, 2013

Moustache are over!


I have no idea from where my like for mustache came from but I fell in love with this rakish facial hair that I'll never have (thank God!). I painted mustache on my top, stick mustache on my laptop and agenda cover, decorated envelopes with mustache, wrote post about mustache , have mustache earrings and brooch... Yes, about that brooch... It broke! And I took it as a sign to cool down with my mustache fever. 

 It's a nature of fever to pass (or to kill you) and maybe in this case word trend suits better. What makes us (globally) to like owls, mustache, vintage bikes, coffee, Paris, motivating quotes? Internet is overflowing with photos of them and it spills on fashion, our everyday routine and dreams. Before I'm even able to realize it, I'm the owner of a bike with basket ( navy blue, vintage, named Rambler, mhm!) and coffee cup with mustache (coffee tastes the best in it!). So this is what they call marketing? A successful one, because they got me! And it makes me feel a bit cheated. Was it my real need, my dream or just a clever strategy to make me buy something? And while talking about dreams- they became very profitable good nowadays and very popular slogan, which makes something so wonderful and personal the best way for companies to get richer. I can bet that right after sexy chocolate/detergent/car the next one that sells the best is the one that is advertise with word "dreams".  
 I won't agree that everything is for sale but definitely they try to sell everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment