Monday, February 18, 2013

Hand made


  I came to a bizarre conclusion: if human beings weren't lazy, we wouldn't have wheel or print. We wouldn't have factories in which more or less complicated machines are doing almost all the work and can create millions copies of the merchandise. Without those precise machines we would be sentenced to imperfection of hand made things, to having less, to work more... But wait...is this vision really that bad? 

  With the power and spread of DIY movement, term "hand made" gets more and more of positive meaning. And in the copy-paste times it becomes an antidote for the same merchandise and looks around the world. 

 I made a promise to myself that I'll avoid chain stores and instead of making rich companies even richer, I'll support artists and local businesses by my purchases. It may mean that I'll pay more for a necklace or a dress but at the same time I'm getting guarantee that I won't meet  five other girls wearing the same thing. What seems to be more attractive for you- wardrobe and flat that is a copy from a magazine/catalogue or wardrobe and flat that is composed with unique pieces of art?

No comments:

Post a Comment