Friday, February 15, 2013

Chic & the City



 The best example to explain my relationship with fashion would be the story about Turtle and Rabbit. Her Highness Fashion is a Rabbit, going too fast for me to stay up to date with the latest creations, hot new designers or upcoming trends. And I'm a Turtle, going in my own tempo, maturing slowly for the trendiest clothes (often when the trend is already dying), preferring classics than extravaganza, but still hoping to win the fashion race. 

  In my own turtle tempo I discovered lately Sex and the City series. Of course I heard before about it it, that it's a cult thing, that Carrie's outfits are amazing due to a genius stylist. After first few episodes I was disappointed. It wasn't the fashion I expected! Where is breath-taking Haute Couture? But after a while I fell in love with simple and strong dresses, exquisite accessories and most of all, with the ease with which Carrie was always looking fabulous. Now each episode (still 4 seasons to go!) is my little fashion tutorial and a source of ideas how to simplify my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment