Monday, November 19, 2012

How much life in life?


This question bothers me lately: how much life I really have in my life? By life I mean high quality spent time, when you simply enjoy what you are doing, who you are, where you are. When your time is being spent but not wasted.

 I feel need of more life lately. I was trying to count how much time for real life I actually have, so I tried to count how much time I spent on different activities:

  7 hours of sleep (yep, very active activity ;))
  8 hours at work (such a waste of time!!! 1/3 of my day???)
  [it's already 15 hours, so over half of a whole day]
  2 hours for preparing meals and eating
  1 hour in trams and/or buses
  1,5 hour for beauty (choosing clothes, make up, shower, manicure, etc.)
  [ 19,5 hours. I have 4,5 hours to do whatever I want ]

 4,5 hours doesn't look that bad but how can I fit in this time relations, meetings, drawing, bike rides, reading books, traveling, cinema, concerts, yoga, creating process, shopping, crazy adventures, long walks, being lazy, and so many many things more?

 What's my alternative? Ok, there are still weekends, free days to use your life. But that's too little! I can read or listen to the music in the bus. Perfect solution would be to find work when you can do what you like the most. Or find joy and celebrate even as prosaic actions as cooking, washing the dishes, taking a shower, commuting...

 I'm trying from now on! :) More life in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment