Thursday, October 11, 2012

Work in the times of crisis

  Job is very common topic among me and my friends lately. Is it because we're almost all after a year from graduating, is it because we have difficulties in finding or keeping it? Those who studied with me and now can title themselves "Master of art" have important question to answer and tough decision to make: should I start any kind of work, just to get my own money and life or should I keep looking for work for an artist? The more time is passing since we left university, the more clear is getting that not all of us will stay close to art, and very few of us will actually live from it.

 Another thing that caught my attention lately is the matter of quality. Quality of a worker. We hear a lot about hard situation on a job market. It should be obvious (or is it obvious just for me?) that you care for the best qualifications you can get and what's more- for doing the work that you have well. But from my manager's experience I can say that finding worker that is both good-working and motivated to work is far from everyday routine. The big quantity of people looking for job now (people with master degrees in all possible field!) doesn't mean high quality of them. 

 We're living in quite crazy times, don't you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment