Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pressure

 I wanted to prepare well and in professional way to write about pressure, so I started with Wikipedia. But I have to apologize... Just when I saw words such as perpendicular, force, formula, definition, etc. it reminded me what kind of a nightmare physics used to be for me at school. So forgive me skipping reliable research, but maybe you'll find my parascientific ideas more interesting ;)

 Where did the idea of  writing about pressure came from? As everything that I write here about- from my everyday life. For the last few days I didn't felt well, my head was aching, the energy was gone, I could sleep all days- doesn't sound like perfect condition during your holidays, huh? I was thinking intensively what is the reason of that state: I blamed my job (too stressing, too tiring, too everything), blamed myself for not taking care of a proper diet and sport (feeling like old lady while being right after studies?! Come on girl!), blamed genes and the list goes on. But finally I got the idea of checking my blood pressure (bingo!). It was too low (I expected it to be the other way round)- holidays worked- I got even too relaxed ;D  So of course I did my research around the web and now I know what to do but it also gave me few deeper thoughts. 

 If "pressure is force per unit area applied in a direction perpendicular to the surface of an object" (we love you Wikipedia, you know that) then we have s**t amount of force to put such a pressure not only on ourselves but also on the others! 

 The most common pressures:
 -to look good/handsome/trendy/different
 -to be good in what you're doing (and to have something that you're actually good in)
 -to be intelligent/funny/talented/effective...
 -to be someone important, noticable
 -to know cool people and have cool things

 ...and this list is neverending. Hmmm... From now on I'm transforming my force into power to do things, no matter what principles of physics state! 

No comments:

Post a Comment