Monday, January 17, 2011

Spy amateur

 When I start to think that each person passing me by on the street has its story, its dreams, problems, plans and ideas for life, the awareness of it crushes me. It's impossible to embrace it all for me and maybe that's why I don't like to spend too much time in metropolis. But big cities, capitals have intensity that generate inspirations. The speed of the city, colours, sounds, the contrasts between new and old, things to see, places to visit, time spent in public transport or car in a traffic jam, annoying leaflets, rubbish, monuments, history and present... Carousel with experiences! When too many stimuli attack me, I defend myself with good old method-sketchbook and pencil. I write down or draw newborn ideas, surprising thoughts, brave plans, titles worth remembering, bizarre or quaint outlooks. Ufff... Deep breath, cup of good coffee and back on the merry-go-round!
                                                                        Warsaw, August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment