Thursday, January 20, 2011

Born too late

Great progress today! Three pages of my master thesis. Till Tuesday they have to transform into whole chapter, but I think it's quite possible. Do you know what's the best? That I'm really interested in what I am reading and writing! Historical background of inter war period and how it influenced clothing. Dear God, I think there's a small mistake... shouldn't I be born then? When jazz conquered clubs, when fashion illustration had its golden age, when there was still remnant of secession's glory on the streets?
How it musted to be...after I world war? People desperately wanted to celebrate life, to squeeze the essence out of it. Were they afraid, that the peace won't last long? 
Mhmm...Twenties... The atmosphere of Paris streets in the night. People rushing to night clubs. Sounds of jazzbands. Women with short hair, in low-waist dresses decorated with sequins... Men always in sport suits. Noise, laugh, debauchery and bitter sadness hidden deep on post-war streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment