Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Comfort zone


 Oh, I do like comfort! I do feel comfortable in my comfort zone and it took me quite a while to create and furnish it. Why should I give it up then and step outside onto unknown grass?

 Thinking about comfort zone started with the picture found on the web (I posted it on my fb fanpage)  and was continued in real-not-virtual life. Look at kids- their comfort zone are their parents' arms, but on the other hand they are constantly exploring and extending it. Does anyone of you remember the times when you didn't know what sea is, how to write your own name or how to tie your shoelaces? We already master millions of skills and explored thousands of new territories! Why we stop with age?  

 My artistic comfort zone was 'threatened' with an offer to draw something in a certain style, different than mine. I decided to give it a try and test my skills on a new ground. It required more time, concentration and effort but when I saw the result, I felt that this unknown grass feels good! The picture above is my first step onto it and not the last one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment