Sunday, January 12, 2014

Quest


 I should make and glue some posters around the city with the big bold WANTED on them. What would I look for? Not for a cat or a criminal, but for words. I'm loosing words, my internal dictionary is shrinking, the best answer for most of the questions seems to be "like", "share" or emoticon. In the flood of shit, fuck and ok I can't find the beauty and depth of (not only English) language.

 Suddenly, as I noticed holes in my dictionary, I felt hunger for literature (this word sounds so archaic!), books, knowledge, beautiful stories (longer than the answer to the question "How are you?"). Do writers nowadays value their words? Do readers nowadays value the words they're reading?

2 comments:

  1. Here's a word you've forgotten... Ma ma ma marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not forgotten! Just awaiting to be used :)

      Delete