Monday, July 22, 2013

Celebration


  Whenever I'm finding time to take out my sewing machine, it feels like kind of celebration. I'm carefully preparing my working space- here scissors, here pins, here piece of cloth to try the seam, here the pile of things to repair, to remake, to sew. Usually I'm an optimist and believe that during one sewing session I'll repair/remake/sew everything that I planned. Well... That rarely happens :)

  I like the magical world of textiles, dresses, boutiques, fashion magazines. Is it because of hours spent with my childhood friend on the back of her parents' clothing store? Or because of memory of my mum sitting in front of sewing machine when I was little? Maybe it's an echo of excitement when we were watching for hours with my sisters catalogs from Germany with clothes?  Who knows...

 But what I do know, is that I find my personal equilibrium in the sound of working sewing machine and in the feel of the textile under my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment