Wednesday, December 12, 2012

In the anthill

 Last year I felt like I'm living in a different reality before Christmas. I couldn't feel the atmosphere that other felt, that shops were trying to create, that songs in radio were trying to make me feel. This year is different. This year I was so impatient to hear first Christmas songs- immortal "Last Christmas" and "All I want for Christmas is you". I wanted to be charmed and seduced by the shopwindows, by the magical Christmas fairs and cities illuminated by the milion of lights.

 I'm dividing my time equally between housework and visits in the city center, where I join the before-Christmas-rush. How many preparations for spending three days with family! For making unique, festive atmosphere full of magic, kindness, sugar, spice and everything nice. Those two weeks before Christmas cities transform into huge anthills, with people following different directions, taking shopping and using it to build, to create something: gifts, cakes, decorations. 

 This everyday efforts and checked out points from lists of things to do calm me down and give me the satisfaction of spending my time in a good way, not wasting it. Each done things it's a small achievement that shows instant results: pile of creased clothes ironed, windows cleaned, gifts bought and wrapped, etc. I actually started to enjoy all those activities that usually I find boring, annoying or useless.

 Viva Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment