Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Change your paths

So far only good things happened to me when I decided to change my paths and do something differently or go to a new place, f.ex.I:

- discovered a place when I can get delicious coffee for almost free and definitely for cheap
- saw interesting street art hidden between blocks of flats
- had a chat with nice strangers in the street or bus 
- suddenly felt that life is good just as it is
- met great people
- found new places "to show them to my friends when they'll visit me here"
- ate something delicious
- proved to myself that I can do it

Well known paths give me the comfort and sometimes that is all I need to be pleased. But world offers so many ways and opportunities that it would be the waste of the time given to me on this planet not to try new ones- at least from time to time.

There's a magnet on my fridge that says "Do one thing everyday that scares you". It's Eleanore Roosevelt quote. When I'm trying to use it in practice, the effect is astonishing- the reality is much more exciting and less scary/dramatic than my imaginings!

No comments:

Post a Comment