Thursday, July 14, 2011

Obstacle race

 Sometimes implementation of my plans seems to be like obstacle race. Obstacles are: my expectations (usually too high), laziness, fear- all that happens in my head. Have you ever had a dream when you wanted to run but your moves were annoyingly slow? That's how I feel when I want to do something important to me. There's an idea, there's the enthusiasm, and then the self-sabotaging machinery starts to produce reasons why I should do it later or never, or why I can't do it at all, etc.  Vicious circle!
  To trick the self-sabotaging machine in me, I decided to use the 100 rule. It means that I can't say that f.ex. I won't find a job, I don't know how to skii, I'll never learn French, until I'll try 100 times. Becouse the thing is not about being naturally talented but in not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment