Monday, July 18, 2011

Bitter-sweet

 Something's still on my mind lately- the difference between what we see on billboards (or in magazines and movies) and what we see each day in the streets. Something like 10% of women in the world has the physique of a super model. Remaining 90% (ok, maybe 82%) desires figure that will never have. There's no sense in it at all. I always thought fashion is something amazing, inspiring, helping in expressing yourself. But when I see people looking like clones or falling into depression becouse they can't have new dress or can't change the nature, then I want to ask: what the hell is going on?
 And what should I do? I used to draw girls from fashion magazines- there's a beauty and inspiration, but are they real when they're shallow and empty? I do believe in art, it influences people, moves them. And I still believe fashion can be art, but it has to change the present direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment