Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Meditation with dirty hands

This is my first graphic made in the first year of studies. Soon I'll finish the diploma that looks definietly different. I remember why I decided to made my BA and then MA diploma in graphic art. It was becouse of one sentence from my teacher: "Graphic is a refined drawing". One thing is sure about graphic- you'll get dirty :) You don't even know when and how, but you can't avoid paint stains on hands, clothes. I love the element of surprise when I detach the print from the matrix- you can't be absolutely shure what the final effect will be. Graphic is kind of meditation- you have to slow down, focus on what you're doing. Your hands are busy but your mind is free. 
  I just realized that things I like the most in life, like dragonflies, basketball, drawing, photography, are combination of strenght and fragility, speed and concentration, wildness and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment