Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Atelier

 My graphic teacher said once that he doesn't want to see projects from my sketchbook, becouse sketchbooks are something intimate, something really private. He's right. When I want to draw and I do it in one of my sketchbooks made of papers written on one side I don't care if I'll draw perfect, I allow myself for experiments and expression. When I sit in front of perfectly white sheet of paper and have to create a project, I get numb. I have nothing in my head- no ideas, no inspirations, no vision, nothing. 
 I guess artist's atelier must be intimate space too. So far I know only university ateliers, where I can't feel like I'm home. At home I have my room, my desk, but it's not my atelier, even if I create something there. Atelier from my dreams? Lot of space, lot of sunlight, music in the background, white walls, wooden floor, smell of coffee with cinnamon, quite tidy, but with the marks from paint, pencil, etc., lot of inspiring photographs, magazines, things.

No comments:

Post a Comment