Thursday, March 31, 2011

Margin art

 I think quite often about artists, who were creating at the same time as f.ex. Leonardo da Vinci or Pablo Picasso. About thousands of young people who finish art universities each year. Where are they? Where are their pieces of art? Why we don't learn about them? I don't believe that only those artists, who are in books were talented in their time. But the rest is on a margin of history...



When I get lost somwhere in the middle of a lecture, I start to draw. It's typical, I know. Can you imagine an exhibition of workbooks with margin art? I checked 'margin art' on the internet and, surprisingly, I found something about it on http://wikibin.org/articles/margin-art.html  :

"Margin Art is a modern art form. The term was first coined by Ryan Duffy as a means of descibing all scribbles sketches and often very creative art work in the margin space on page,copybook, etc...
Often this work goes unnoticed and uncredited and occasionally carries sanctions if discoverd by the wrong aouthorites.
It will often allow you into a persons mind for a spilt moment.
This can usually be bought on by boredom due to an incompetant lecturer teacher or meanial task.
It is an art form every person capable of daydreaming can master with ease. There are no rules as to what qualifies as margin art.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment