Sunday, April 22, 2012

No picture post

I got lost in the hi-tech jungle or maybe computers have some cheeky plan to drive me crazy- I can't load any pictures on my blog! :( I was trying and trying and didn't succeed but then the very simple thought came to my mind: "Darling, you can just write!". Bingo! Sometimes I'm so blind and deaf to the simplest solutions. So in a meanwhile when universe is working on posting pictures problem, I'll become a part time writer ;) 

Sketches- it's hard for me to distinguish the difference between drawing and a sketch. When sketch becomes a drawing? Is drawing different from sketch because of the amount of time and work putted in it? I prefer to call my pieces of art sketches. I like to make them quick, not to lose the energy of the line and courage of hand. It's like 20 seconds of courage ("We bought a ZOO") when brain doesn't notice what's going on and it lets all the thoughts and feelings spill on a paper. Paper. I don't feel comfortable with using thick paper from artist's shops. I prefere my home made sketch books made from paper printed on the one side. It gives  me weird inner comfort of not wasting it when the sketch will be unsuccessful.

Notes- those who know me well enough to see what I carry everywhere with me also know that I'm sort of addicted of  writing things down. When I'm at work I use millions of chits, then usually throw them away but it's a habit. A habit of making notes. If there would be a fire, the first thing I'd take with me and runaway would be my agenda. So many thoughts, ideas, inspirations, old tickets (memories!) in it! It's like my second right hand. Notes are like sketches- quick, being just the prelude to bigger idea, bigger vision, fresh and honest. They're like a bud before the flower. And as much as I'm amazed with the beauty of flowers, I enjoy even more the mystery of buds.

Inspirations- what actually inspiration is? Nothing that you can see or count. It's like tickling inside. When I see inspiring picture, piece of art, movie, person, whatever- I get a feeling like they describe falling in love- butterflies in my stomach. Or maybe...dragonflies in my chest :) Yes! Comparison to butterflies or dragonflies is indeed a very good one! (I know, I know, I'm just so smart! ;D ) That little excitement every time you see  them, the admiration for the beauty of nature and understanding the wonder of life. And always the question: to catch it? Or better live it alone, free and transitory?

No comments:

Post a Comment