Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hats off? Hats on!


 Unwittingly I chose very trendy topic of my thesis- hats.While I was reading the history of hats, I regreted that the habit of wearing them disappeared. There were times when no one went out without a hat! But, actually, I don't remember when there were so many hats in shops like this season! Rakish straw hats (my must-have for the summer!), elegant broad-brimmed hats (I got white one for my b-day!), boyfriend's caps, etc. Today I went to the museum archives to make notes about the collection of hats from the interwar period. Twelve hats, each one different, some looking like new, some very damaged. I was delighted, felt like someone gave me original "Gioconda" to work with. I thought ;"I'd love to make something that will become a topic of someone else's thesis, something that will enchant someone from the future like these hats enchant me." Unfortunatelly I couldn't make photos, but when I'll get them from museum, I'll try to illustrate them. Ah!

Another wonderful thing I was amazed yesterday... And also for the thesis- fashion illustration from '20s and '30s... Etienne Drian, George Lepape, Paul Iribe, A.E. Marty, George Barbier, Umberto Brunelleschi... My new idols! Fashion illustration rocks my world! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment