Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Page from a notebook




If there'll be something left after me, for sure that will be my notebooks. Innumerable amounts of paper sheets and "something" on them. Signs of pencil, brush, marker, felt-tip pen, watercolor, ... Plus much more important things:my feelings, ideas, moods, inspirations, adventures, wishes, dreams.
I found a moving poem yesterday in "Tears for water. Songbook of poems & lyrics." by Alicia Keys. It made me think that what's the most personal in us, is at the same time the most universal for everyone in the world. I found myself in Keys' words:

"I'm a prisoner
Of words unsaid
Just lonely feelings
Locked away in my head
I trap myself further
Every time I stay quiet
I should start to speak
But I stop and stay silent
And now I've made
My own hard bed
Inside a prison of words unsaid
(...)
I'm a prisoner of the worst kind, in fact
A prisoner of compromise
A prisoner of compassion
A prisoner of kindness
A prisoner of expectation
A prisoner of my youth (...)"

What's unsaid in my life, flows out of me on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment